Friday 5 April 2013

Poetry is quite parallel to life. Having no reasons, requiring infinite patience to make it look beautiful, spreading boundlessly, demanding compulsion from the creator & ending so ruthlessly so as to leave no trace of tenderness or sympathy for the beholder much alike a mock casual blink of the eye.

Choosing poetry over all other disciplines is a cowardly act from my side for I fear that Science would leave me short and longing for answers when the guilt of resisting an ensnared lifelong atrocity would doom my mind. Poetry, on the contrary, lures me into itself 'cause it offers me the luxury of creating self-satisfying answers no matter how impractical they seem.  
Talking of Impracticality I encounter it as another Human testimony.When people tag events,expressions & fellow people as practical or impractical I beg not to be included in such rituals.I suggest an easier definition,that of a renowned philosopher "If we were all to die then the most practical thing on earth would be to die the very moment we were born or not to be born at all"(I might seem like a depressed soul talking of death at such a young age but i cannot help bringing in the word into my writing for the very word impulsifies me to imagine the whole concept of survival as irrelevant & even funny).Inadequate expressions like these create a doubtful,vague & nebulous sketch of nothingness. 
I assume by now you would have adjudged the above-written piece as directionless and confused but I didn't intend to create something wondrous. My intention was to define what poetry is to me and how it shapes up my life. I am a Poet. Disciplined in the fierce and unforgiving art of language and I ought to respect that.

Here's Something I wrote years ago. It is ridiculously childish but it is not something I am ashamed of. It still possesses my Poet's Vanity. Feel free to comment and please put forward your views in-hesitantly no matter whatever it is you wish to say.

from where did we ingress 
and what are we supposed to do
why do I love eating ice-cream
and why on earth is there a zoo in a zoo

what are the prickly borders meant to deliver
why does happiness cost hard and pain lasts forever
I see no joy in the human value to serve
& I am yet to find in my Physics textbook
The Force Called LOVE

It is a bit Daunting
to Imagine a Fitting End
I have heard them say How one
lies on 2 Yards past all pain
& takes nothing with him
not his house, neither his ego nor his Porsche 911

I feel scared or I feel excited
I don't understand what I feel
This is when I realize the limits of language,
the limits of fortitude and skill
This is when I realize,I am Human
and so am limited to Live and let live

It is a vague atrocity
that we can question but not challenge
we do move like puppets
in the hands of a drunk electrician

However fast I run
The horizon runs farther away
I sweat and Puke and mourn
Perhaps I should just sleep 
and sleep and sleep
all lifelong.

              But as I am thinking all this 
            I see some children out there 
  Dancing and playing in the rain and the rainbow's 
                bright and vivid lights,
  As for now I only have extraneous answers
          to these meaningless questions
       but dancing in the rain in this magical
                     beautiful world,
                   It all seems some
                MAD POET'S DELIGHT





                         

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Breathtaking Astonishing. Some more thoughts: In the religious text there is sloka
    " KO AHAM, KAS TYOM, KIM AYATA,
    KA MAIN JANAN, KO MAIN TATA,
    ITI PARIBHWE SARWAM SARM
    BISHWAM TYKTWA SWAPAN BICHRAM." Can sit with Baba and discuss.

    AND CHARWAK SAYS,
    JAWAT JEEWET SUKHAM HEEWET
    RINAM KRITWA GHRITAM PIWET.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Well expressed, please keep writing continued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantabulous....top-drawer!!
    u have god gifted talent man....all u need izz to exihibit it to world.....n u r almost started..!!keep going..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not good.none of you became a follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may slightly irrelevant but here is what I think on what you have said about choosing poetry as a discipline.

    There are different modes of living and thinking and I believe there is a value in striking a balance between all these. There is of course, poetry and associated contemplation and introspection of one's own thoughts and feelings. Then there is thinking about abstract, impersonal & intellectual problems or exploring how things work, which could take you to maths, philosophy or science. There is also thinking critically about texts written by other people which will take you to study literature. Then, there is also thinking about how to play the role society expects you to play (we all do it all the time) to become more at home with other people around you. And so on.. So briefly what I wanted to say was that there are different sides of our intellectual & emotional being and striking a balance between all these sides is the key to living a full life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like how untroubled your poem is.not caring about the old school orthodox way of living and writing.I loved the part with the "drunk electrician" and the "porsche 911"

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fresh poem.
    Appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Disciplined in the fierce and unforgiving art of language - beautifully expressed and may this fierce discipline also bring you much pleasure and happiness. Thank you

    ReplyDelete